A WELL STYLED LIFE

...style is more than what you wear, it's how you live your life

November 28, 2012

Real Superheroes

At a Pennsylvania Children's Hospital, Allegheny Window Cleaning sent Captain America, Batman, Superman and Spider-Man to clean the windows.

The president of the company, Edward Matuizek said,

"This isn't about us. It's about them.
It's a nice place to work, but emotionally it's a real tough place to work.
You go home and pick your own kids up, and there's a lot of gratitude there"

Spider-Man all suited up and heading down the side of Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis... to clean some windows and cheer some children's hearts.

Dressed as Spider-Man, a window washer with American National Skyline greets Le Bonheur Children's Hospital patient Orlando Farmer, 3, as he rappels down the outside of the building, in Memphis, Tenn., Wednesday October 17, 2012, while cleaning the hospital's windows.

Just warmed my heart seeing these pictures and I thought I'd share in case you missed it.
Have a happy, giving day.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that gave me goosebumps! What a sweet idea for the children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! I bet the kiddies loved that - I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my school children live and breathe "super heroes" I can only imagine the joy these fellows brought to these young hearts. It makes my own heart happy! Thank you for sharing. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome idea. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant idea. Very creative and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! So sweet! Such a spot on idea and thrill for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful must that have been for these kids, fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these! I hadn't seen them before this. What a wonderful idea and how heartwarming. You have put a smile on my face today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea! The children must have been so happy! Just thinking about their joy warms my heart.
    They should do it again in three weeks with Santa Klaus.
    Thanks for sharing :-)
    xo
    Anne (Playing with Scarves)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kapow zap and zonk! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful idea and it really must have helped to cheer up the children. I've not heard of anything like this before. Just enjoyed reading some of your previous posts. I like your lovely, varied blog and I'm delighted to be your new follower.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just nominated your lovely blog for an award! You’ll find the details on my blog at the end of today’s cupcakes post.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just thinking of you my dear!! Hope all is progressing positively and your season has been a joyous one! i miss 'talking' with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds a splendid idea! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A creative way to bring some joy to these ill children. Wonderful. I would have never seen these photos if you hadn't posted them on your blog. Thank you. À joyeux Noël.

    ReplyDelete